Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Colleen au Canada - Journal 2



Dear Journal,

I haven't written in you for awhile. Well,I took a plane all the way here to nunavut. Where they do many interesting sports. One sport they do needs two men
to hold a strong long branch wihle another man balances on it by grabbing hold of
the branch and pulling his legs off the ground. I think some of these sports come
form hunting skills that they need to knowl So far I've been sight seeing. Last
night I saw the northern lights. There are so many things I don't know where to start. I thought I would take a sleigh and some dogs. The husky dogs pull the sleds. So I set off. I past many glaciers and boy were they tall! But all of a
sudden I saw a polar bear. Luckily he wandered off into the snow.

Day two: Today I travel to a warmer part. Hopefully I'll see an inukshuk and that
would mean an inuit person has been there. Later,just before lunch, I went to a hotel and got in my room. I looked out my window and to my surprise I saw an
inukshik surrounded by yellow flowere. I grabbed my camera and left. When I got
there it was beautiful I snapped a photo or two and went to have lunch at the hotel, where I sat and thought about my grandfather who worked in the north for many years, he even worked in the Arctic Circle.

Comments:
Colleen, I like the polar bear picture! I saw the Northern lights too. I love your journal.

Bon Voyage, Emily
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?